The Vintage V4MTB ‘Tony Butler Signature’ ICON bass replicates the beautiful, worn-in look and feel of an instrument that exhibits a lifetime's worth of woodshedding, rehearsing and performing, straight out of the box.
Good things come to those who wait – but who has the time for that? Designed in conjunction with former Big Country bassist Tony Butler, the Vintage V4MTB features a single Wilkinson WBBCCR pickup, compensated brass saddle bridge and improved upper fret access, bringing together the best of modern and traditional aesthetics and features. “For any bass player to own a quality instrument from the word go is inspiring,” says Tony. “After trying it out during a Big Country rehearsal I quickly decided that the V4MTB would tour with me.
To have a signature model made to my live bass spec is an honour!” A Vintage ICON Series Bass already looks like your lifetime companion; the best part is your journey is just beginning. Play on.
- Body: Easter Poplar body for improved resonance, tone and ‘correct weight’ comfort, enhanced with correctly radiused contoured body.
- Neck: Hard Maple bolt on neck for instant comfort, speed, accuracy and great feel.
- Scale Length: 34" / 864mm.
- Frets: 20 Medium profile frets add to comfort, accuracy and overall positive feel of the Vintage V4MRSSB.
- Neck Inlays: Black dot.
- Nut: 42mm white graphite stays friction-free to aid tuning and playability.
- Bridge: Wilkinson four saddle compensated brass bridge provides improved intonation all over the fretboard.
- Machine heads: Wilkinson WJBL200 ensure smooth and stable tuning.
- Pickups: One Wilkinson BP(M)WBP single coil pickup for ultimate clarity and articulation.
- Controls: Single Volume and tone controls.
- Headstock: Classic Vintage headstock design for balance and visual appeal.
The V4 Tony Butler signature bass is an original Vintage® ReIssued Series™ guitar created by Trev Wilkinson, Tony Butler and the UK Vintage design team.