Thermionic Culture Snow Petrel är den ultimata mikrofonförförstärkaren främst framtagen för att driva bandmikrofoner som Coles 4038 m.fl ,men fungerar även fint med andra kondensatormikrofoner.
Söker du en mikrofonförförstärkare som återskapar och med mycket...
THE SNOW PETREL. Unveil the beauty of your favorite ribbon microphones in the most natural way, revealing sparkling clear highs down to harmonically rich lows.
Designed originally for use with the Coles 4038 as a super-clean low noise unit, after extensive field tests in UK, Norway and France, we’ve found it sounds exceptional with ANY microphone including the classic Neumann U 87, perhaps because:
We use extra-low noise valves with NO solid state impurities in the audio path, plus VERY special Sowter in and out transformers
Input impedance is higher than usual to preserve clarity and can be tailored to individual mics with the Hi/Lo and Pad switches
Incredibly musical and progressive saturation for distortion lovers when overdriven and by employing the fine and coarse attenuators
Controls include Gain, from 40 to 75 dB, switched, HPF to reduce “proximity effect” and “Air” to add that extra clarity.
Carefully hand made and tested in Harlow, England
- Extra-low noise valves with NO solid state impurities in the audio path;
- Sowter's VERY special balancing transformers for the inputs and outputs;
- Higher than usual input impedance to preserve clarity;
- Hi/Lo and Pad switches to tailor the input impedance to suit individual mics;
- +48V Phantom power available;
- All valve Class A amplification;
- Controls include Switched Gain, from 40 to 75dB; HPF to reduce 'proximity effect' and 'Air' to add that extra clarity;
- Housed in a 2U 19" rack mounted unit.