Hyper Luminal Compressor 3 fantastiska kompressorer i samma pedal:
- BUS som är en modulerad SSL Bus Compressor.
- FET är inspirerad av Universal Audios klassiska 1176
SYM är en digital klon av deras egna Super Symmetry kompressor som inte är i produktion längre eftersom en del komponenter inte går att få tag på.
We have made it our mission to combine our analog expertise and signature sound with cutting-edge, digital technologies, not to replace, but to enhance the sonic possibilities and intuitiveness of the next generation of Darkglass products.
The Hyper Luminal Compressor embodies this like no other pedal in the industry: by digitally modeling the side-chain circuits in some of the most legendary compressors in history, we were able to capture their essence and characteristic behavior while keeping a completely analog signal path.
The pedal ships with 3 selectable models (more to be added): BUS: Modeled after the Solid State Logic® Bus Compressor. FET: Inspired by the legendary 1176®. SYM: Our, now discontinued Super Symmetry, transcends in the digital realm. But that is not all! Instead of using mechanical switches (because let's face it, switches are boring), to select the compression Ratio and Mode we implemented touch-through-metal sensors.
The sensors in the Hyper Luminal Compressor detect when and where the chassis is touched and changes parameters accordingly: this technology not only provides a very new, intimate and pleasant user experience, setting it apart from any other pedal in the market, but it does so while operating with extreme consistency and, unlike mechanical switches, it is virtually unbreakable.
- The pedal also features a gorgeous 10-LED gain reduction meter and four knobs:
- Blend: Mixes the clean and effected signals.
- Time: Sets the time constants (Attack and Release).
- Fine tuning and mapping can be done through the Darkglass Suite, so users can assign different constants to each model.
- Compression: Sets the amount of compression.
- Level: Sets the overall output volume of the unit.
- As for I/O the hyper Luminal Compressor features:
- Input: 1/4" connector for the instrument. Output: 1/4" connector for the ampliﬁer or next effect in the chain.
- 9VDC: Center negative, 250mA, 9VDC only.
- The Hyper Luminal doubles the operation voltage internally to 18V for extra headroom.
- USB: A Micro USB B connector allows you to connect the pedal to PC/Mac to load upcoming compressor models, set Time settings and other parameters