The VOX Giulietta VGA-5TD Archtop Electric Guitar is a cutting-edge musical instrument designed for modern guitarists, fusing state-of-the-art digital sound modeling with a classic aesthetic.
The VGA-5TD offers an even more compact and thinner body along with high-class ornamentation compared to its predecessor, the VGA-3D. VOX’s advanced modeling technology brings you the diversity and advanced performance functionality needed for recording and live performance. Owing to our refined electronic technology, the VOX Giulietta VGA-5TD Archtop Electric Guitar gives you access to a world of sounds that go beyond your expectations. The AREOS-D digital modeling system built into the Giulietta VGA-5TD gives you access to a wide range of parameters. It features both magnetic and piezo pickups, a powerful DSP engine, two potentiometer dials and a selector switch for access to the 18 modeled sounds. These features combine to deliver you an impressive level of sound quality.
The modeling system gives you instant control over sounds in a broad array of genres beyond electric and acoustic guitars, such as synthesizer sounds. This instrument is sure to become a powerful new tool for creative musicians to wield in live performances and recording situations. The Tune-O-Matic-style bridge that’s built into the piezo pickups adds brightness, offering clean yet rich harmonics to the acoustic sound. Further, the VOX XLM humbucking pickup outputs an authentic electric guitar sound that’s responsive to your playing dynamics. This mighty combination brings a diverse range of sounds within easy reach.
The product designers and engineers at VOX also worked hard to deal with over-ringing, an issue that frequently occurs on archtop guitars with piezo pickups, and which occurs when the piezo pickup on the bridge picks up not only the desired sound but also the resonance of the strings between the bridge and the tailpiece (on the opposite side). To prevent over-ringing and to achieve a pure and clean sound on the VOX Giulietta VGA-5TD, we have developed a removable string mute (included with the guitar).
- This full-hollow body guitar is compact at 966 mm long and 342 mm wide with an archtop and arched back, offering a rich degree of expressiveness, portability and playability all in one package.
- The VOX Giulietta VGA-5TD is 13 mm thinner than its predecessor, the VGA-3D, for an even more refined level of playability and comfort.
- Our proprietary VOX AREOS-D system uses magnetic pickups for the electric guitar model for an even more realistic and accurate sound. The acoustic model uses the piezo pickups for each string, offering a wide range of dynamics and touch sensitivity. This refined approach makes it possible for us to express a high degree of precision and articulation.
- The electric guitar features two banks of pickups - single-coil and humbucking.
- There are six types of guitars in the two acoustic guitar banks, including small body, large body, 12-string, nylon string and more.
- The “UNIQUE” bank features models for banjo, sitar and resonator guitar.
- The “SPECIAL” bank includes a sustain mode for creating distinctive effects like electric 12-string guitar, synth and organ sounds (the tone knob is used to control the vibrato effect). For the synth sound, the tone knob is used to control both the attack and decay parameters at the same time.
- The FX push button allows you to select either the drive or reverb effect depending on the selected model, and an LED for indicating if the effect is on or off. The instrument features controls to adjust the gain for the drive as well as for the depth of the reverb in real time (depending on the model).The synth sound responds dynamically to touch, pick attack and vibrato, and offers smooth tracking.
- The instrument features a 1/4″ output for the optimum sound when playing live or recording, and a 1/8″ headphone output for listening while playing by yourself or when practicing.
- Twenty-two frets set in mahogany neck, baked Jatoba fingerboard.
- Laminated maple archtop and back. Laminated maple fingerboard.
- One XLM humbucking pickup.
- Chrome-plated adjustable Tune-O-Matic-style bridge with built-in piezo pickups on each saddle.
- Chrome-plated trapeze tailpiece and VOX string mute.
- Features a Gotoh SD381 chrome-plated closed-type die-cast tuning machine.
- The Giulietta VGA-5TD is available in two color variations: natural gun metallic (NAGM) and faded silver (FS).
While full-sized archtop guitars possess undeniable visual appeal, their considerable size can be somewhat cumbersome for many players. Moreover, these instruments tend to be more susceptible to feedback issues when played at stage volumes. VOX instruments strike a delicate balance between the compact single cutaway body size and a full-scale neck, crafting a contemporary instrument that accommodates players of all styles, ensuring a comfortable and satisfying playing experience.
The AREOS-D features a user interface that makes it both easy and flexible to use all of the controls on the Control Module. This Control Module is designed to let you use the Giulietta VGA-5TD to seamlessly create music, without any complicated submenus.
For the AREOS-D control system on the Giulietta VGA-5TD, we’ve added overdrive to the electric guitar model. This lets you easily and quickly change the effect level, or turn the effects on/off.
During the development phase of the AREOS-D Modeling Module, the overwhelming consensus among players was the need for synth models that allow for real-time control over sound-shaping parameters during play. By harnessing sophisticated DSP logic and meticulously adjusting data derived from the strings, we succeeded in generating synth sounds that are more seamlessly playable than on the majority of guitar synths. This reduced the likelihood of glitches or erroneous notes, thus enhancing the overall user experience.
Versatility was at the top of our list of most-wanted characteristics when we developed the Giulietta VGA-5TD. With this instrument, there’s no need for you to lug along a banjo, sitar, resonator guitar or other special instrument that you might only use for a limited time.
Gauges of strings used on this product:
011, 014, 018, 028, 038, 049
- Color: Faded Silver (FS)
- Onboard System: AREOS-D System
- Body: Laminated arched maple top and back. Laminated maple sides
- Neck: Set Mahogany, tilt headstock
- Fingerboard: Baked Jatoba (stabilized through special drying process)
- Position markers: Pearloid dot
- Binding: Body top, back, headstock and fingerboard
- Fingerboard Radius: 310 mm
- Neck shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 24 3/4” (628 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium jumbo
- Nut Width: 42 mm (1.65in.)
- Pickups: Individual Piezo Pickups in Bridge Saddles. 1 X XLM Humbucking
- Bridge: Tune-O-Matic style, chrome plated with 6 in-saddle piezo elements
- Tailpiece: Chrome-plated trapeze style with VOX String Mute
- Machine head: Gotoh SD381
- Controls: Master Volume , Master Tone, Selector Toggle Switch
- Group selector: DRIVE/REVERB knob, POWER button and LED, FX (effect) /CANCEL button and LED, WRITE button and LED
- Outputs: Guitar output jack (1/4" phone type), Headphone jack (1/8" phone type)
- Power: Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4, or Rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) x 4
- Expected Battery Life under Continuous Use: Alkaline battery: 11 hours, Rechargeable Ni-MH battery: 15 hours
- The Battery Life will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Owner’s Manual, Adjustment wrench, Gig bag, Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4 (for checking the instrument purpose only)