Modwave builds on the DW legacy and transforms it into a modern monster synth, featuring incredibly deep wavetable oscillators, gorgeous filters, wildly flexible modulation, unmatched polyphony, comprehensive pattern sequencing, and immediately satisfying hands-on control.
Modwave also introduces two unique new tools for creating dynamic motion: Kaoss Physics and Motion Sequencing 2.0. Kaoss Physics combines an x/y Kaoss pad with modulatable game physics to create a responsive, interactive controller that is—besides being powerful— a lot of fun. Motion Sequencing 2.0 brings the organic, continuously evolving patterns of the wavestate's Wave Sequencing 2.0 into the world of motion sequencing, including multiple lanes and real-time recording.
An arsenal of effects
The modwave’s superb effects deliver production-ready sounds. Each Layer has three dedicated effects, plus a send to the Performance's master reverb, followed by a master parametric EQ. Along with standards such as compressors, EQs, choruses, flangers, phasers, and stereo delays, you’ll find distinctive processors such as the Wave Shaper, Talking Modulator, Reverse Delay, Multiband Mod Delay, and Overb (from the OASYS and Kronos), plus modeled effects including VOX guitar amps, VOX wah, multi-head tape echo, and a collection of classic guitar pedals.
Apps for iPad/iPhone:
- KORG Gadget 2 Le (music production studio DAW app)
- KORG Module (piano/keyboard sound module app)
Software for Mac/Windows:
- KORG Collection - M1 Le (synthesizer sound module)
- UVI Digital Synsations (synthesizer sound module)
- AAS Ultra Analog Session (synthesizer sound module)
- AAS Strum Session (acoustic guitar sound module)
- AAS Lounge Lizard Session (electric piano sound module)
- Reason Studios Reason Lite (DAW music production software)
- Skoove free 3 month trial of Skoove Premium (online piano lesson)
- KORG Gadget 2 Le for Mac (DAW music production software)
- iZotope Ozone Elements (Audio Mastering Plug-in Software)
- Keyboard: 37 keys (velocity and release-velocity sensitive)
- Maximum Polyphony: 32 stereo voices
- Sound generating system: modwave synthesis engine Modulation
- Controllers: Mod Wheel, Pitch Wheel, Kaoss Physics, 4x Mod Knobs
- Delay: L/C/R Delay, Multiband Mod Delay, Reverse Delay, Stereo/Cross Delay, Tape Echo
- Master Reverb: Early Reflections,
- Overb Master EQ: 4-band parametric EQ
- General Inputs/outputs:
- Headphone (6.3 mm stereo phone jack),
- OUTPUT L/MONO and R (impedance-balanced 6.3 mm TRS phone jacks), DAMPER (6.3 mm phone jack, half-damper not supported), MIDI IN and OUT connectors, USB B port
- Power supply: AC adapter (DC12V, 2500mA) Power consumption: 5 W
- Dimensions (W × D × H): 565 × 338 × 93 mm/22.24” × 13.31” × 3.66”
- Weight: 2.9 kg/6.93 lbs.
- Included items: AC adapter, Precautions, Quick Start Guide
- Accessories (sold separately): DS-1H damper pedal, PS-1 pedal switch, PS-3 pedal switch *Specifications and appearance are subject to change without notice.